Saturday, November 14, 2009

Away

Tomorrow afternoon I am going to get in my car and start driving. I will be away from the parish for two weeks. It's been over a year since I was away for more than five days, so I can't remember what it feels like. I am happy that I was able to find enough priests to cover Masses in English and Spanish, Baptisms, Holy Hours, and Confessions -- it takes five priests to replace me for two weeks. If I left for a year it would take, let's see, five times twenty-six is...
I haven't packed yet, but I did get out this morning to purchase four new tires for my car, which just turned 101,000 miles old.
Here is a nostalgic picture of the tire place, a no frills joint on South High Street. They don't provide free coffee or magazines to read, but they do offer quick service at quite reasonable prices.

No comments: