Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dangers of Stores that Sell Used Books

Also known as "used bookstores."
It's best for me to stay out of stores that sell used books -- I can never confine myself to browsing; inevitably I leave with more books than I came in with. Yesterday I succumbed to this unmanly weakness and entered a congenial shop, where I purchased a couple of books about sailboats. In addition to selling wonderful used books, this store features a neon sign spelling out the most important rule of the establishment, a rule we would all do well to heed:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean. I can't leave a used bookstore without at least $20 worth of books under my arm.

Marianne Sanders said...

Same here. Living within walking distance of a few bookstores in Chicago, I increased my library voluminously in a very short time.....