Monday, May 11, 2009

What, another blog?

The parish now has a website and the webmistress asked me to make a blog to go with it. I guess if you have a website you also need a blog. In creating the new blog I was inspired by the saintly Bishop Edward Hettinger, a former auxiliary Bishop in these parts. Bishop Hettinger deserves a web page of his own. He never wanted to be a bishop at all, and was content to serve as pastor of Sacred Heart Parish in Columbus. When not tending to his garden, he kept a diary of parish events such as baptisms, funerals, weddings, etc. One of my favorite entries went something like this: "Lucy ____ died last night without the last Sacraments, due to the stupidity of her relatives."
In that spirit, I have created a Parish Diary for St. Stephen the Martyr Parish.

No comments: